Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Great ministry in Guatemala

This is a photo of me, Mario (Healing Waters
Regional Director for Guatemala and Mexico)
Brock and Kerrie of Deepstream Guatemala
ministries and Claro, a Guatemalan who is having
a house built for him by Brock and Kerrie's ministry.
When I was in Guatemala back in October I met a family that had just moved there to work as missionaries. They have an amazing story and I have mentioned them in my blog before. You can read a little bit about them here:

The Johnson's are Brock, Kerrie, Madi (11), Brooke (10), and Jake (7). God called us to Guatemala to help those whose needs are far greater than our own.

Our eyes have been opened to true poverty, suffering children, and desperate need - which has changed us to the core.

Living in Guatemala has been a wild faith journey thus far. Arriving here without a "ministry plan", we have simply been zeroed in on following the voice of Jesus.

You can read a brief summary about our calling to Guatemala, or a series of blog postings where we have shared our last year or so.

When I returned to Guatemala in March with a group from Wellshire Presbyterian church, I visited the family again, this time with my whole group, and saw some of the projects they are working on. I continue to be impressed with their ministry, not a typical "missionary" model, really trying to get in to the community where they work and meet the most basic needs of the people, letting the love of Christ shine through their actions.

This is a photo of the group from Wellshire church
praying with Brock and his family in the community
of Buena Vista where they work building houses and
changing lives.

They have put together a short video that highlights their work and I want to share it with you:





No comments: