Friday, April 17, 2009

Snowy day in Denver, a big thank you and check out my good friend Eric Moe!

I am sitting here in a coffee shop this morning instead of up at the office. We have had a huge spring snow storm blow in to Denver and are getting dumped on.

The office for Healing Waters is actually about 15 miles outside of Denver up in the foothills. Denver is at 5280 feet elevation and our office is over 7000 feet in elevation, so if it is snowing hard down here, it is snowing even harder up there! We all brought our laptops and work home with us last night in anticipation of a snow-work-from-home day. So here I am.

It is sometimes nice to work from a different place. This coffee shop has people coming and going and some nice music in the background. I am slowing down a little bit and reflecting on a few things.

I want to thank those of you who are following my blog. I saw a huge jump in readership during my trip to Guatemala and the hits on the blog have continued to be high. I appreciate those of you who are following and are interested in what I have to say, what I am thinking, and in the work of Healing Waters International.

One of my close friends, Eric Moe, has had an exciting month. He and his wife left Denver about a year ago to move to Spokane. Eric is a professional musician and the music scene in Spokane has been less than fulfilling for him compared to the great gigs he was playing and the great groups he was playing with here in Denver.

A few months ago he heard about auditions for the You Tube Symphony Orchestra. He put together and audition tape and was selected. I won't write down all the details of his experience here, but the culmination was a concert he played yesterday in Carnegie Hall in New York City. You can read about the project by clicking on the link above and you can read about Eric's experience and journey on his blog: http://www.moetrumpet.com/

No comments: