Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can't get this song out of my head

For those of you that know me, I have a special place in my heart for country music. Maybe it was growing up in Northern Arizona, maybe its my love for the storytelling tradition, maybe I just find it catchy. Anyhow, there is a relatively new country song that I really like, and I can't get it out of my head, so I thought it would share it with you.



My favorite verse in the song is:
And its funny how it's the simple things in life that mean the most
Not where you live or what you drive or the price tag on your clothes
There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind
This I've come to know
So if you agree have a drink with me
Raise you glasses for a toast


So much we can learn from these simple kernels of wisdom and truth all around us. Just need to stop to take the time and listen to them.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Nice. Love that beard too.

Unknown said...

For the God on the mountain, He's still God in the valley
When things go wrong, He'll make them right
For the God of the good times, He's still God in the bad times
Oh, the God of the day, is the God of the night.

love this song... don b